|5 Months Old|
Etta Mae is 5 months old! I can't believe it. It's amazing to think back at how much she has grown and changed. Some days she just seems way too grown up! Some new things that she is doing since my last blog:
- She can now roll back to tummy in both directions. I don't think it will be long before she can also go tummy to back.
- She can sit up on her own for a few seconds at a time. She is easily distracted, however, which often results in a face plant.
- She is definitely learning about volume and realizing that she can be loud when she wants to.
- She has suddenly decided that she is highly offended by having her faced wiped. This has never been an issue until a few days ago.
- Our sleep woes have continued into this month. I'm hoping that they improve soon!
- She has figured out that she can turn around in the jumperoo and is intentionally playing with most of the toys on it.
Until she started rolling, Etta Mae pretty much hated "tummy time". She has gotten much more used to and now spends a lot of time playing that way. I'm hoping that maybe she'll start sleeping that way and it will help her stay asleep longer.
We also went to see Santa and look at the Lights of the Ozarks. Etta Mae looked around the entire time and didn't seem to mind Santa. In fact, she pulled his beard!
Last weekend, my mom came to visit and enjoyed looking at the tree with Etta Mae.
She spent lots of time just being her sweet, cute self!
And, as always, had a great time playing with Monroe. They are almost starting to talk and interact with each other. I look forward to hearing them jabber back and forth.
She did such a great job with her 5 month pictures, that I had trouble deciding which one I liked best. Here are a couple of others that didn't make it as the "official" picture.