Thursday, April 19, 2012

Projects, Cars, and Dr. Visits

It's been a busy couple of weeks!  I've spent lots of time getting ready for Rea's shower and can't wait for Saturday!  


I've also been working on a few projects of my own.  I've been very torn about what to put on the top shelf above the dresser in the nursery and I think I have a couple of ideas.  I bought the cutest print from Etsy!  Ours will be pink and the heart will the be in the right place.

I've also been working on a homemade project.  It started with me spilling the Mod Podge all over the table (apparently pregnant = clumsy), but luckily recovered the project.  Here is a little hint as to what it is.  Take what you will :)

As I mentioned in my last post, we bought a new car!  Thanks to my dad for buying the TrailBlazer so we were able to get this 2012 Honda CRV.  We compared LOTS of options before deciding on the CRV, and I'm so glad we chose it!  I'm already in love with the Bluetooth (how have I lived without it?!?!?) and the sunroof is growing on me, too.  Plus, it has a backup camera which is great for those of us who are a little vertically challenged and have a hard time seeing out of our vehicles.  And it doesn't hurt that we've been averaging nearly 30 mpg and our insurance is cheaper!  Love this car!!!


Dr. Update: I had an appointment with Dr. Collins yesterday.  I was supposed to have my glucose test to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes, but the lab tech had the flu, so I will have to go back for that.  Kind of a bummer because I made sure to eat no sugar all morning and definitely had a headache by the afternoon!  Other than that though, everything went well.  I only gained 6 lbs this month (whew) and my blood pressure is back down to normal.  Dr. Collins did say I have a "chubby baby" when she did measurements so hopefully that doesn't turn out to be the case!  A little bit scary for me, but she didn't seem concerned. I'm far enough along now that I will start going to see her every 2-3 weeks instead of every 4, so I guess we're in the home stretch.  It doesn't really feel that way since I can't see how I'm possibly going to get much bigger even though I know I haven't even seen the the big growth phases yet, yikes!




No comments:

Post a Comment