Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Monroe Marie

Last weekend was great!  I'm so glad that Jason and I were able to throw a baby shower for our dear friends, Budd and Rea Smith (and so lucky to have had the help of Brooke & Daniel and Aubree & Nick).  We can't wait to meet baby Monroe Marie!  June 14th cannot come soon enough.  It has been so wonderful to be able to experience all things pregnancy with Rea.  We have compared ideas, frustrations, fears, awesome registry items, nursery plans, and enjoyed prenatal yoga.  I can't imagine not having someone like Rea to share all of these new experiences with me.  Below are a few pics from the fun evening!  I forgot to take any shots of my gift to her, but it had a theme:

  • Something you want - monogrammed blankie
  • Something you need - nasal aspirator (aka snot sucker)
  • Something to wear - onesie stickers
  • Something to read - The Velveteen Rabbit (my childhood favorite)


The Parents-to-Be


Me, Rea, and Brooke
It doesn't look possible that they are both due 4 weeks before I am!


Now I'm gearing up for another big week!  Tomorrow, Jason and I have CPR class, and Friday I will be getting a much needed pedicure.  Then Saturday, Jason and I will be heading to Little Rock for a baby shower being thrown by some of Jason's mom's friends.  Sunday, we will be having another shower in Fayetteville.  And Monday, I'm heading to Joplin for a 3D ultrasound to get some pictures and measurements of this "chubby" baby.  I can't wait to see all of our family and friends - and baby, of course!  It will be crazy, but so much fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment