Wednesday, April 4, 2012

New Goodies

Not a lot of new an exciting news on the baby front these days other than it's getting increasingly uncomfortable to sleep and do other things!  This has been a pretty exciting week, though.  


I got everything ordered for Rea's shower gift.  I wish I could post pics, but I don't want her to see it before the 21st!


After all my talking about learning to sew, my sweet mom bought me the sewing machine I wanted as an early shower gift!  Last night, Jason and I went to JoAnn to pick up a few essentials so I could give it a shot.  Keep in mind that my total time spent using a sewing machine in the past 27 years is approximately 15 minutes.  It took me awhile just to figure out what all of the parts were even though this is supposed to be an easy machine to use.  Turns out it is once I studied those little pictures!  It has an auto threader and is totally computerized.  All I have to do is push a button and it starts stitching whatever pretty stitch I select.  It even does auto button holes in several different shapes and came with 8 different feet.  When you pick a stitch, it even tells you which foot to use.  I'm still not totally sure what all that means, but hope to know soon.  I took it for a spin in an attempt to make a burp cloth.  It was much easier than I thought and turned out better than I expected, but even still, I'll spare you the pictures.  I can only get better though (I hope!).  I'm sure I'll be making adorable dresses in no time! Sorry, the picture is a little dark...


Brother CS-600i

I've been back and forth about a million times about whether to put a ceiling fan in the nursery.  The light fixture, although very plain, really grew on me after we got done painting, so I considered just getting a table fan and trying to find somewhere to put it.  It is recommended that you have some kind of fan to move air and lower the risk of SIDS.  After lots of searching, we finally found a fan we like, and Jason's electrician friend came and installed it today.  I love it.  It makes the room so much more comfortable.  I was a little nervous because we only had one light switch and I didn't want to have to pull fan cords all the time, but Jeff told us about a remote that can be installed inside the fan itself that would allow us to control both the light and fan without having to wire another switch.  With the push of a button we can select from 3 fan speeds and can dim or brighten the light.  Pretty cool!



I'm really looking forward to my next post, so stay tuned!  Our crib bedding should be here tomorrow, and I know it's going to be gorgeous.  It will be the last big thing that we need for the room.  I can't wait to see it!


No comments:

Post a Comment