Thursday, June 21, 2012

What a Normal Baby You Have

So, after two long weeks of waiting, I finally had my growth scan to see if our baby is going to be gigantic.  I was less worried about having a big baby than I was worried about being encouraged to induce early or have a C-section due to her size.  Luckily, we don't have to worry about either of those!  The sonographer estimated her current weight to be around 7 lbs give or take 1 lb. That means that if she is born at 40 weeks, she should be between 7 1/2 and 9 1/2 lbs (assuming she gains the average 1/2 lb per week).  Sounds good to me!  Everything else looked good, but unfortunately we weren't able to get any good pictures of her face because of the way she was positioned, but we did get to see her "practice breathing".  And I only gained 2 lbs since my last appointment - yay!


Now we just wait!  I've decided that this is definitely the hardest part of pregnancy.  I'm swollen and uncomfortable, and it's nearly impossible to sleep or walk.  Physically, I'm ready to be done.  And emotionally, I'm so excited to be done and meet our little girl.  On the flip side though, I know that it is best for her to make it a little longer.  While most babies born on their own after 37 weeks (this is considered term) are completely healthy, there are still a lot of important things happening in there health wise for her in those last few weeks. As much I want to give her an eviction notice, I want her to stay put until she is ready.


Other than working, which is getting increasingly difficult, I've been passing the time by relaxing on the couch.  They say (who are they anyway other than doctors and such) that I should be doing lots of walking and other things to help move things along, but the couch is just so much more comfortable after a long day at work!


On a very exciting note, Budd and Rea had their sweet baby girl, Monroe Marie, on June 10th and are doing great!  She is the cutest thing I've ever seen and Budd and Rea are awesome parents!  Congrats to them on their 3 year wedding anniversary yesterday!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Ashley, walking didnt help me at all when I was pregnant with Sophie! You just go right ahead and sit on that couch! ;)

    ReplyDelete