Saturday, February 18, 2012

Nursery In Progress

Funny how things change.  Prior to finding out we were having a girl, I had picked this as my nursery inspiration courtesy of Pinterest
But then I found this on Etsy from LittleCharlieMay and I couldn't resist.  I ordered it without the bumper, changed the order of the ruffles on the skirt, and got aqua blue minky instead of pink on the blanket.  She's also making a pillow to match.  It will be a long 8-12 weeks for someone as impatient as me!  Luckily, the seller was great and sent me swatches to tide me over in the mean time.




Once I found the bedding, the ball really got rolling.  I went on a bit of a shopping spree!


DaVinci Jenny Lind Crib



Awesome vintage table from Rifraff and cute leaning bookshelf from Target
Can't wait to sit in this comfy recliner from The Baby's Room.  It is part of the Best Chairs Storytime Series and is heavenly!

Found this amazing dresser at a vintage shop in Prairie Grove

Samson loves the rug I found at Shades of Light

Next we plan on painting the room a light aqua color.  I'm just trying to figure out what to do for a light fixture (ceiling fan or cute chandelier) and window treatments.  Here are some of my ideas
Great Capiz Shell pendant from West Elm


Land of Nod curtains (love the ruffles!) or this simple valance from Pinterest


And I'm thinking something like this hanging over the crib - so sweet!  Maybe not quite so many, but I love the idea and my brother's girlfriend, Courtney, even volunteered to help me make them.

Decisions, decisions!







No comments:

Post a Comment