Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Week 2


We survived another week!  
I'm two weeks old and in no mood to pose!

Mommy caught a little smile and some great dimples!
Etta Mae is just as wonderful as she was a week ago.  She has definitely gotten much more wiggly this week (and a little fussier too, but she's still sweet).  She is still a great sleeper, and I have to wake her up to eat.  


I'm feeling much better, too.  I've been able to drive which is great!  I've made a few Wal-Mart trips.  Yesterday was the first day that I drove with Etta Mae in the car.  We picked up Jason and went to the pediatrician.  It was probably the most nervous I've ever been in the car!


Here are a few fun facts about Etta Mae and things that happened this week:

  • Her umbilical cord stump fell off so we've taken a couple of real baths!  She doesn't like those anymore than the sponge version.
  • Sometimes it seems like all she does is eat!  I know it's normal, but man is it challenging sometimes.  They say you're supposed to sleep when the baby sleeps, but when all she does is eat and sleep, that doesn't seem possible.  I find that when she's sleeping, I'm running around like a crazy person trying to do as many things as I can before she wakes up!
  • She is definitely hot natured like her dad.  She spends most of the day hanging out in her diaper


  • Cloth diapering is going great - daddy is a pro!
  • I finally found a diaper bag that will fit all of our stuff (I don't pack light!).  Can't wait for it to come in!
The Weekender bag by Kalencom

  • I have also enjoyed having the Ergo carrier to tote Etta Mae around when she is awake and I need to do a few things.  I decided I needed something a little simpler though for around the house, so I found an awesome ring sling.  Should be here Friday!

Sakura Bloom ring sling
Hanging out in the Ergo newborn insert after a trip to the mailbox
  • Jason went back to work yesterday.  I was pretty bummed!  It's SO much harder without him here.  I miss his company and it's tough not having someone who can bring me a glass of water or a burp cloth or hold her when I need to go to the bathroom.  We're definitely missing having him around.
  • I ordered Etta Mae's birth certificate and a copy of the newspaper from the day she is born :)
  • We enjoy tummy time (well, sometimes)


  • Samson is worn out from "helping" me with Etta Mae.  He is always checking on her and follows us just about everywhere.

  • And some super exciting news!!!  Etta Mae's newborn pictures taken by Amber Lanning are ready.  They are all gorgeous!  She is such a beautiful baby and Amber is incredibly talented.  I'm so happy with them, but now I want to order tons of stuff!  Of course I need announcements and albums and EVERYTHING!  Can't wait to post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment