Monday, July 2, 2012

Stubborn Cervix and a Full Moon

I had my 38 week appointment today (I am 38 weeks 3 days, but close enough).  It was definitely not my favorite of the appointments I've had.  I've had more frequent and slightly stronger contractions the past few days, so Dr. Collins was hopeful that I'd progressed, but it went more like this:

  1. My blood pressure was slightly elevated which is no good.  Luckily it is still within normal range so I it's nothing to worry too much about
  2. I gained 6 POUNDS in a week!  I'm not entirely sure how that's possible.  I haven't gained any weight in the last month so I was hoping it would stay that way.  Dr. Collins felt like a lot of it was probably water retention because I have been really swollen (my feet are a joke).
  3. She referred to my cervix as stubborn because I haven't made any progress.  While it is kind of a bummer, I know that it isn't at all indicative of when I will go into labor, so I'm not going to let it bother me.
  4. On the bright side, I had been feeling really guilty about not going on lots of walks.  It hurts and makes my feet the size of bricks.  Dr. Collins actually advised me to not walk too much due to the swelling, so it's nice to get off the hook for that!
Tomorrow at 3 pm is a full moon, and I'm secretly hopeful that the stories about full moons and labor are true.  I refuse to get my hopes up too much, but I certainly wouldn't complain!  Apparently many medical professionals see a correlation between full moons and crazy things happening, so who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment