Monday, May 28, 2012

Baby Day

It was great to have a 3 day weekend!  We were able to get so many things accomplished.  And even more important was the reason for the holiday.  Thank you to all of the men and women who have served our country!

Saturday, we had our all day Baby Basics class.  We learned a lot about calming techniques, nutrition, breastfeeding, and all things baby.  It will all come in handy!  Then we enjoyed some baseball at a Naturals game with our friends Todd and Robyn and their adorable little boy, Grayson.  Such a fun night.

Sunday was our designated "Baby Day", and that definitely turned out to be the case.  We finished our last load of baby laundry, hung the camera for the video monitor, sanitized bottles and pacifiers, and went shopping for a few baby items as well as for our hospital bags.

Then, came the fun part!  I had pretty much decided that I was not interested in getting maternity photos because seeing myself in pictures in my current puffy state is pretty much a bummer.  But, when I saw that our engagement and wedding photographer was going to be in town doing some weekend mini sessions, Jason and I decided to take advantage.  We love Ashley and David and were bummed when they moved from Fayetteville, AR to Fayetteville, NC.  I called up Scott Edwards (aka Miracle Worker) who did my wedding makeup because I figured if I was going to look all big and swollen, I might as well have pretty makeup.  Luckily, he was available so we were good to go.  We had a great time catching up with David and Ashley at dinner and then headed out to a field for some fun pictures.  I can't wait to see them!  We even "recreated" a few of our engagement and wedding pictures.  So fun!  We'll be looking forward to the baby version of these:
We redid this pose outside on some stairs (not in our wedding attire of course!)

The updated version of this pic has us holding our framed 'E' instead of an empty frame

After such a busy Sunday, I didn't have much energy left today!  We woke up at 8:30 and by 10 or so, I was napping in the nursery rocker.  We ran a few errands and then I napped some more.  Needless to say, I was pretty worn out. Jason and I did take some time to start packing our hospital bags, though.  I'm pretty sure we're taking WAY to much stuff, but oh well! Hopefully, we'll be using them sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment