Tuesday, August 21, 2012

6 Weeks

Hi! I'm 6 Weeks Old!

The last week hasn't been too eventful for Etta Mae.  The good news is, we've started getting the occasional good stretch of sleep at night - yay!  One night she even slept from 10:30 pm - 4:00 am!  And last night, she slept from 3:30 am - 8:30 am.  Hopefully that will become a habit!

I do think we may be dealing with a case of reflux, though.  All of the sudden she hates lying flat on her back and keeps waking herself up with a little cough and a look like she has a terrible taste in her mouth.  And, we've had lots more spit up.  I'm going to call the pediatrician and see if we need to get it checked out.

Very rarely will she take the pacifier.  She usually gags like it's choking her!

We have had a couple of firsts this past week.  On Saturday, we met my friend Lori and her little girl Kiera at the park so Kiera could swing.  Etta Mae, just slept in the Ergo the whole time, but it was her first trip to the park!

Also, I have been too nervous to take her out to eat because she really hates being in the car seat unless the car is moving.  My mom and Dave came to visit Sunday, so we decided to risk it and go to La Huerta.  She cried the entire way in the car so I was super anxious when we got there.  I guess all of the people talking around her knocked her out and she ended up sleeping the whole time.  It was very exciting.  We'll see when I'm brave enough to do it again!
Playing with Daddy!

Cute Little Hands!
And, Congrats to my sweet friend Tiffany on the birth of her little boy, Nolan!  Tiffany and I met when she moved to Joplin our Freshman year of high school and were fast friends.  She lives in California now, and we had so much fun chatting back and forth about our pregnancies.  I couldn't be happier her for her and her precious family!




No comments:

Post a Comment