Monday, August 27, 2012

7 Weeks

Believe it or not, I'm getting something done early!  I'll be leaving for Joplin early Wednesday while our new floors are being installed and will need to pack tomorrow.  So, I figured I'd go ahead and blog while Jason is putting Etta Mae to sleep.

On her 7 week birthday, she wore this little outfit from her Uncle Tyler to support his favorite band, Umphrey's McGee.  She was pretty happy about it!

We started Zantac this week for reflux.  I really hope it helps.  It is so sad to hear her cry from the pain. It makes it really hard for her to eat and she hates lying flat on her back.  She has also started hating the car seat, but I'm not sure that's related.  I'm just hoping this helps!  She goes back for her 2 month appointment on September 10, so hopefully it won't be an issue by then.

My dad came to visit on Wednesday, and we had a good time hanging out.  Of course, she napped most of the time.  That only seems to happen when there are people here, so they never believe that it's not always this easy.

On Thursday, Gina Lawless brought Monroe over for a play date!  Etta Mae and Monroe stared at each other for a little bit then Etta Mae fell asleep (of course - she took 2 two hour naps and a 1 hour nap that day- woo hoo!).  It was so good to see them!  Monroe was adorable and fell asleep in the swing with the hiccups!  I'm looking forward to seeing her again tomorrow while Rea's sister Shelly is staying with her.

We had some fun this week doing tummy time on the Boppy!

We took a little trip to Bentonville this week to go to the workshop for 2 Katie Designs.  They are working on an awesome frame arrangement for over our couch.  But, the reason for our trip was to pick up this awesome growth chart for Etta Mae's room.  I love it!

We were upset on our way home from Bentonville and actually took the pacifier!

It's been an interesting sleep week for Etta Mae.  There were a couple of days when she was an awesome napper!  She had been sleeping at night from 10:30 pm -4 am then from 5 am until 8 or 9.  I thought that was pretty awesome.  I decided to start working on getting her to bed a little earlier though, so we started a routine that includes a bath, coconut oil massage (she's usually crying after the bath so this is super short), eat, swaddle, daddy rocks her to sleep.  It's been going well and gives Jason and I a little time to hang out before we go to bed.  Well, Friday and Saturday she decided to sleep from 9:30 pm to 7 am without waking up!  It was great to sleep, but totally freaked me out that she slept that long without eating!  Last night, she went down around 9 but when I had Jason check on her at 10:30 she woke up.  I know she has a 6th sense about that!  She went back down pretty quickly then woke up at 4 and 8 like before.  Tonight she went down around 9 and just woke up again so Jason is trying to get her back to sleep.  We'll see how it goes!
Nap Time
The next few weeks will be crazy!  Anytime a new sport is starting, Jason has to work a lot more.  And with college football starting this Saturday, he is super busy!  We will be in Joplin at the end of this week, so he will be able to work uninterrupted.  But, I'm a little nervous about Saturday since I will be the one who has to put her to bed.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment